Re: Stroke font [2 Attachments]

2010/2/1 Vladimir Uryvaev <vovanius@...>:
> I've done first version of new stroke font. Here's a patch (newstroke-
> font.patch) and an font file itself (newstroke_font.h, gzipped). Font file is to
> "include" directory (where the Hershey's fonts too).
>
> Cmake option "-DKICAD_NEWSTROKE_FONT=ON" is included to use this new font.
>
> Character ranges done:
> Latin (ASCII) (U+0020...U+02AF, Phonetic Extensions, U+1D00...U+1D7F, Extended
> Additional U+1E00...U+1EFF)
> Greek and Coptic (U+0370...U+03FF, Extended U+1F00...U+1FFE)
> Cyrillic (U+0400...U+0523)
> Punctuation and symbols (U+2000...U+20B5, U+2190...U+23E7)
>
> I think this covers most european languages and frequenly used symbols in
> electronics.
>
> Font 'sources' you may take here: http://vovanium.ru/sledy/newstroke (sorry
> for russian:)
>
> I'll will work on this font further, so suggestions and bug reports are
> welcome. Also point me to the charaters you want that are not covered.

Tested under Windows.

Results:
* Compilation warnings:
D:\Projects\KiCad\kicad-svn\common\drawtxt.cpp: In function `const
char* GetHersheyShapeDescription(int)':
D:\Projects\KiCad\kicad-svn\common\drawtxt.cpp:130: warning:
comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
D:/Projects/KiCad/kicad-svn/include/HersheySimplexRoman_sans_normal.h:
At global scope:
D:/Projects/KiCad/kicad-svn/include/HersheySimplexRoman_sans_normal.h:6:
warning: 'hershey_simplex' defined but not used

* Typing polish national characters in eeschema: Passed.

* Typing polish national characters in pcbnew: Passed.

Btw. how to move text between layers in pcbnew?

You should resubmit your patch with base from latest trunk. Now there
are conflicts to solve in CMakeLists.txt

In this project I am not accepting any patches to be submitted, only
voluntary try it.

--
Manveru
jabber: manveru@...