Re: Re: wxDC break through update.

Vesa Solonen wrote:
> Wayne Stambaugh kirjoitti:
>
>> current screen will get drawn. The change didn't appear to cause any
>> problems on GTK either. I just committed the changes so let me know if
>> you find any other problems.
>
> Small cross cursor uses suspicious amounts of cpu and screen wide cross
> is completely unusable on an empty board. Silk layers get too eager
> clipping as does scrolling.

I fixed the cross hair cursor in svn r2326.

> Concentric elements get messed up (round hole pads) as the center
> coordinate jumps around two or so pixels. Maybe some things are defined
> with pixel center coordinate points and others pixel edge and everything
> gets rounded the wrong way?

This may be difficult problem to fix. Historically, Kicad coordinate
math tended to truncate the floating point value rather than round it.
This may have produced a more visually pleasing rendering but rounding
is more technically accurate. I will dig around the pad coordinate code
and see if I can figure out where the problem is occurring when I get
some time.

> This is just with WX_ZOOM, no wxGCDC.
>
> I hope these bug reports work as an encouragement to the work, though.

No problem. Given the extent of the changes, I expected there to be
some issues. Honestly, it has gone better than I expected but there may
be some more bugs lurking in there.

Wayne