Re: Re: wxDC & wxGraphicsContext Test

Rok Markovič wrote:
Hi

In our company we Qt for almost 5 years now. We have never been dissapointed by it. I do not want to make any advertisment, but please take a look at the documentation of QGraphicsScene, QGraphicsItem,.... IMHO this are very well written classes from which others could learn. Also Qt uses its own renderer. Practice has shown that it is very fast and efficient too. (smooth zooming of couple of thousand items). (Win and linux).

There was already an idea to switch from wxWidgets to Qt. Is there any estimate of the time needed for conversion?

No, but the problem can be split into two major parts: 1) graphics API and 2) GUI widgets such as menus, string types, comboboxes, etc.

The graphics API is the easier part. Converting the rest of the application is where most of the time would go.

Looking at the library components in the graphics stack would be interesting, and to a far lesser extent, the QGraphicsScene. Being observant of the choices made by others, when those choices work well, can be beneficial.

Please note that I am just making my opinion!

As opposed to what, volunteering?

Dick

Rok