Re: Re: wxDC & wxGraphicsContext Test

Hi Dick,

> I did look at the QGraphicsScene. It is a container class that uses
> QPainter to draw the objects that it contains.
>
> I think we are pretty happy with our containers, namely BOARD for
> instance. Changing that in order to use a graphics class is out of the
> question. We like being able to draw subsets of what we have in our
> container.

I had a short look, it looks not bad, but Cairo offers more functions for instance .. I could include it in my benchmark to see how good it is.
Often have such gui libraries less functions than something that is specialized for graphics drawing, like Cairo, OpenGL, Anti Gain Geometry etc.

> There may actually be pieces of code, or as a minimum, ideas, that could
> be re-used from this, without actually switching to a Qt.
> (If I was part of the wxGraphicsContext team for wxWidgets, I would have
> my nose in this code full time.)

Ideas yes, but I'm sceptical about the integration into wxWidgets. Another question is, if it's really better than a Cairo or Open GL implementation.

Bye..
Torsten