Re: Library Repository

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Manveru <manveru@...> wrote:
> But with this approach we would evolve to thousand libraries, different for
> every user... we should be much careful and offer only good-quality closeto
> standards symbols. If some country have little differences, then we can
> offer optional symbol.
Different symbold sets may be maintained by different groups of developers.We do not need to keep them all in repo. Mostly there are two standards: IEEE and 'US'(?-I do not know from where it comes, but it mostly found in USschemes). So there are mosly only 2 lib variants to keep by default.

I do not think it is a good idea to keep all variants in single library under different names, because most of people will use only one of them, others will be just a garbage in symbols lists.