Re: Kicad libraries for pcbnew

Hello Ųyvind,

Is it possible to branch the kicad-newlib and add your libraries to it?
This is better for the team if we want to merge the libraries with the
official releases.

Kind regards,
Jerry

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Ųyvind Aabling <Oyvind.Aabling@xxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I have added some more components and some improvements to my
> pcbnew libraries at http://www.uni-c.dtu.dk/~univind/kicad/<http://www.uni-c.dtu.dk/%7Eunivind/kicad/>
>
> I've added:
>
> * Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors (SMD), both polarized and unpolarized.
> In the lack of a better name, I've named them
> AEC-<size>[PU], but I'm open to suggestions :-)
>
> * I've renamed all the Capacitors (except the AEC), so
> they're all called C-<something>, making it much easier
> to identify Capacitors among all the other components,
>
> * Socketed DIPs: Full socket and double-row Tulip,
>
> * Ceramic Disc and Tantalum Drop Capacitors,
>
> * Fuses: 5x20 incl. clips and 5x20/6x32 combo clips,
>
> * Improved silkscreen on the horiz mount TO-PPs - now, it includes
> the vert mount silkscreen, making the mounting orientation clearer.
>
> * Horiz mounted versions of the TO-92 and TO-237,
>
> * The MT-200 power transistor house (e.g. 2SC2922 and 2SA1216),
>
> * More realistic house on the heatsinked BQFP80-M05-HS,
>
> * Improved placement algorithm for the sample boards,
> and automatic creation of multiple sample boards if the
> components of a library doesn't fit on a single board.
> The grid placement within a row still needs a little more work
> (to give more uniform spacing), but it's almost there.
>
> Now at 847 parts and 5880 lines of code (incl.
> dimension tables), so still about 7 lines/part.
>
> Øyvind.

Kind Regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,
Jerry Jacobs
- http://www.xor-gate.org

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking
programs" - Robert Firth
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be
counted counts. - Albert Einstein