Re: Bugs database questions

Stephen Eaton wrote:

A couple of questions since I’m the go-between for the kicad-users mailing list and the bugs database for new bugs.

Can non-developers add to the comments of bugs created?

I don't know. This would be controlled by launchpad code. Maybe post a *question* to http://lauchpad.net/launchpad ?

i.e. if a developer requests more information regarding the bug can a user respond directly with comments? As I see it will quickly become unmanageable if I’m having to liaising between original bug submitters and the bug database when queries are raised by developer working on the bug.

True, but a high quality initial bug posting mitigates and makes unnecessary most of this interaction. A person can include attachments, operating system dope, version number, compiler version, unicode vs. ascii build, etc. If it is all spelled out, and the bug is reproducible, I can imagine a bug posting where no additional interaction is needed.

Can users subscribe to notifications on a per bug basis?

No objections here, again ask launchpad.

Our only concern was to keep the developer's mailing list for development, not for support. What happens in the bug database is a different discussion. We just don't want lots of support questions on the develper's *mailing list*.

i.e. they get notification when a bug gets updated rather than having to subscribe to the whole bug mailing list, that way I can subscribe the original submitter at point of entering any new requests/bugs so they do get notified when there is any activity on the bug.

Regards,

Stephen...

Regards,

Dick