Re: Footprint module name

On Thu, 13 May 2010, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

Help me understand this step 1) please. What steps exactly are you using to create a module, or do you mean instantiate a module from a library?

A new module from scratch... since I'm creating a master board for
a library I don't have the module in a library...

Why do you care? What are the consequences of a wrong module name, especially one that is not particularly visible?

I'd like to confirm your idea of "not particularly visible"... the
module name is used only (irony here:D) in the whole cvpcb program, the
package field in eeschema and the pick and place output file (and maybe
elsewhere)

The module name serves as a description of source or origin. If you change the description of origin, you lose the ability to go back and "update modules in your board" from a modified library origin of the same name.

Right on that... but I want to modify the *source* of the library!

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl