Re: Default Field names patch

Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> On 29 May 2010 20:58, Brian Sidebotham <brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> I would like to fix https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/581153
>>>
>>> Will that screw up your patch?
>>>
>>> Brian please  let us know if this revised patch is in the near term.  If
>>> not, I will do the bug fix soon.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Dick
>>>
>> Hi Dick,
>>
>> I left this patch whilst I went on holiday to Germany. I've just got
>> back today. It will take me a week to find enough time to complete the
>> patch, if I say I can post a completed patch next Friday would that be
>> okay?
>>
>> There is not really much to do to complete this patch, sorry it's
>> dragged on a bit.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Brian.
>>

> Hi Guys,
>
> Please find a revised patch attached. Changes are to the GUI layout as
> advised by Wayne, and the default field names are now saved under the
> eeschema options as opposed to a project file. This makes much more
> sense and the options are saved when the eeschema options dialog
> returns OK along with the other eeschema options. There are also a few
> code formatting improvements too, hopefully I've caught all of the
> formatting issues.
>
> Wayne, please check the GUI changes to the dialog for me just to make
> sure I understood the problems correctly, I don't want to mess up all
> the work you've done in tidying up the GUI.
>
> Sorry this patch took so long to complete!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Brian.

+
+void DIALOG_EESCHEMA_OPTIONS::SetFieldName( int aNdx, wxString aName )
+{

I don't recall there being a limit to the number of fields in the
symbols.  I could be wrong, but that is not what I recall adding support
for when I added expandable field name lists.  The above function has a
limit to the number of field names, and maybe this is a limit imposed by
the dialog UI (probably undesirable if so).

The patch is probably good enough for me to dove tail it into the code
base, if you don't mind some minor changes.

I'll get started later this week.  And then do the BOM fix at that time
also.

Thanks,

Dick