Re: Test branch update version problem.

On 6/30/2010 2:48 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 06/30/2010 12:40 PM, Alex Leone wrote:
>> A similar thing happened with inkscape development and bzr.  I don't
>> know what the fix was but here's the "Proper way of merging":
>>
>> http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Working_with_Bazaar#Proper_way_of_merging
>>
>>  - Alex
>>

> This "Inkscape Best Practices" scheme requires complete duplication of
> the working area.  Anybody aware of any alternatives which preserve the
> revision history using a single personal branch (which is not a checkout)?

I'm not aware of any without using checkout or binding back to the
testing repo before committing.  You could always use checkout and
commit --local to preserve you local branch changes and revision
history.  When you do a normal commit, your local commits will appear as
a sub-branch in the testing repo.  A good explanation of this can be
found at:

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.2.1/en/user-guide/working_offline_central.html

This may or may not be what you are looking for.

Wayne