Re: Kicad libraries for pcbnew

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Øyvind Aabling wrote:

I know that I've been a bit quiet lately (been busy with other
stuff :-), will try and find some more time for KiCad ...

I'll say take your time. There may be some things even more intersting than KiCad in life... ;)

I can either keep the numbering as is (which could cause some
confusion and some blown components, I think), or I could change
the pin numbers to match eeschema - the question is: Are bridge
devices special enough to warrant an out-of-order pin numbering ?

I would vote yes, as these components (in contrast to lost of other
component houses) are used for bridges only, but what do you guys think ?

If the package is not used elsewhere, I'd say yes too as a mid term solution. I'll try to avoid blowing too may, even thought there are plenty of free bridges available :) Thanks to you it's way easier to start.

On another note, I've also been looking further into
the problem that I've had with the KiCad 3D viewer on
the new (3D-not-yet-supported) ATI gfx card at home.

Is the problem with just KiCad 3D viwewer? What card model?

That was the bad news, but the good news is, that one of the things that
has taken up my time lately is a switch from 32-bit to 64-bit Debian.

Memory limits should be far enough for somewhat larger boards...

Now at 908 parts, 6729 lines of code.

Øyvind.

Thank you.

-Vesa