Re: About scripts and central program

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:

a capturing busses, differential pairs, busses of differential pairs,
stubs and precise logic standards (e.g. SSTL, HSTL, LVDS, etc.) would
be usefull.  I have included this in PCBNEW for the purpose of
calculating 2.5D eletromagnetic approximations; however, I agree
that a mechanism for identifying these from EESCHEMA is the way to
go.  It should not be too difficult to extend the bus concept to
include differential pairs and to have busses extend to PCBNEW with
more meaning that simple schematic organization.

I'm waiting eagerly to test your improvements on PCBnew, also the EM fied modeling is very interesting. Do you know Qucs? Qucs project may be of value for sharing the implementation and ideas. IIRC Qucs-KiCad cooperation was discussed on the list a while ago.

-Vesa