Re: library structure

On 12/03/2010 12:45 AM, Phinitnan Chanasabaeng wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> > symbol - The graphical and/or electrical representation of a component.
> > Think everything between DRAW/ENDDRAW in the current file format.
> >

> > field - The default and user defined text values that describe a
> > component such as value, reference designator, footprint, etc.
> >
> > component - The combination of default and user defined fields and a
>
> > symbol that get imported into a schematic.
> >
> > library - One or more components along with some meta-data to describe
> > the library.
> >

> After a long time reading the whole thread,

It only took me 2 minutes.

> I too agree with this scheme.
>
> Then, we may create component's files and use some kind database such as sqlite to store a group of components(meta data) as libraries.
> This will let us do all database task such as searching, tagging, etc. Editing/copy/paste components in a library will also be easier.
>

> Tony

In recent weeks there has been a lot of design work done behind the
scenes on eeschema and the whole concept of what a library even is.
Everything you know about EESCHEMA has potential to change within the
next 4 months.  The first reveal of the new design will happen within
days.  Incremental enhancements, enhancement requests, and wish list
items, which are based on the current design, are probably wasted time.

Feedback is best offered between the time when the new proposed design
is revealed and when coding starts, circa 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Dick