Re: library structure

On Sep 23, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> symbol - The graphical and/or electrical representation of a component.
> Think everything between DRAW/ENDDRAW in the current file format.
>
> field - The default and user defined text values that describe a
> component such as value, reference designator, footprint, etc.
>
> component - The combination of default and user defined fields and a
> symbol that get imported into a schematic.
>
> library - One or more components along with some meta-data to describe
> the library.

After a long time reading the whole thread, I too agree with this scheme.
Then, we may create component's files and use some kind database such
as sqlite to store a group of components(meta data) as libraries.
This will let us do all database task such as searching, tagging, etc.
Editing/copy/paste components in a library will also be easier.

Tony

Follow ups