Re: pcbnew crashes with 3d view

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011, Fabio Varesano wrote:

Actually, it seems that we are not alone:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kicad/+bug/191470
(first fixed then happening again)

I really would like this to be fixed as currently I do have to switch
to Win just to use the 3D view.. pretty annoying and time wasting.

X-swat PPA on Ubuntu 10.4 64b is "working for me" (tm)...

glxinfo -l:
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965Q GEM 20091221 2009Q4

lspci | grep VGA:
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q963/Q965 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

Kernel is updated to Natty series (2.6.37) from Ubuntu kernel PPA. Also testing Xorg-edgers PPA with the latest drivers may help, but sometimes it's more broken than distro stuff.

-Vesa