Re: KiCAD file formats

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The decision was made not to use XML due to human readability issues.  A
> project is currently in progress to use an S-expression based design for
> this reason.   S-expressions look a bit like the LISP programming
> language.  Search the mailing list and you can find a lot of discussion
> about this.

Hi Wayne,

thanks for the answer.

I know S-expression I had to learn scheme in the university ;).
I'm glad to hear that there will be another file format - no offense meant :).

Besides, I would like to take a look at the source code of KiCAD. Is
there a good starting point or something? There are many, many
files... :)

Thanks,
Nils