Re: pcbnew --plot=gerber bug and workaround (was Re: first mail, introducing command line options for eeschema and pcbnew)

The "stange extensions" refer to the layer that is plotted to gerber.
Look at http://wiki.altium.com/display/ADOH/Gerber+Output+Options

The names are aliases for the corresponding layers:

gbl = Gerber bottom layer (solder)
gbs = Gerber bottom silkscreen (mask)
gto = Gerber top overlay
gbr = Gerber (generic)