Re: Compiling KiCAD release version March 2011

On 03/21/2011 04:00 PM, Milind Gupta wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I did go through the CMAKE steps. I am following
> these steps:
>
> http://www.valvers.com/OpenHardware-KiCad
>
> But compilation gives these errors.
>
> Milind
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:dick@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>     >
>     > Am I missing something in the setup? \
>
>     CMake?

The interesting thing about those instructions is that it highlights the
[new?] fact that wxWidgets can now be built on Windows without MSYS, or
CYGWIN.  This is a significant development.

And if true, it now means that CMake can probably drive the invocation of
wxWidgets build process:

cd wxMSW-2.8.11/build/msw
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 USE_OPENGL=1 BUILD=release
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 USE_OPENGL=1 BUILD=debug

using CMake's "external project" mechanism.

I could be hired to help you, but I won't spend a moment on Windows for free.

Sorry.

But with this information, I expand my suggestion that a Windows developer
also enhance or write a CMake script so that it builds everything needed for
Windows.

This way it knows what is built, and where it is.  The same can be one on
linux for Windows, as I mentioned late last week.  But this is an expansion
of the idea to include:

on Window for Windows.

Code blocks is a side show in this discussion and plays no role in building
if CMake is the underlying build tool.

Dick