kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
my recent experiments with KiCad, branch
I've now pushed my changes as lp:~clive-baby/kicad/reversepcb
there is a problem with linking pcbnew, but I can help anyone who needs it.
I've also placed some test and example files at
the HOWTO.txt is a sort of starting place.
ps: Just to recap, I modified pcbnew (ver 2709) thus:
1) to display an underlay image of my pcb above the background and behind any
2) similar for eeschema, the component editor and the foot print editor.
3) modified modedit.cpp so that I could create components from foot prints.
4) modified schframe.cpp and sch_component so that at the press of a button I
could flip between a schematic of components and a schematic of foot prints,
with the wire end points following the pins to which they are connected.
Newly placed foot prints are automatically given sensible positions.
5) created some components and corresponding foot prints for junctions and vias.
6) some other stuff!
Some of this code is buggy, incomplete and a little hackish and without too
many changes to the GUI (ie no dialog changes), but now I can edit both a
schematic and it's pcb dual in eeschema.