Re: Cmake KICAD_TESTING_VERSION and KICAD_STABLE_VERSION

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 19:06, Fabio Varesano <fabio.varesano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using a PKGBUILD script
> (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37583) to update Kicad to
> the latest version available on my ArchLinux system.

I'm the maintainer of this script.  I just posted this on AUR, but
wanted to follow up here too.

> Today I run the script and it failed with
>> Please set to ON one option of KICAD_TESTING_VERSION or KICAD_STABLE_VERSION
>> When calling cmake add option -DKICAD_STABLE_VERSION=ON
>> or add option -DKICAD_TESTING_VERSION=ON
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:61 (message):
>> one option of KICAD_TESTING_VERSION or KICAD_STABLE_VERSION must be defined

JPC added this in revno 2955 2011-04-09 with the following commit message:
CMake: add definition KICAD_TESTING_VERSION and KICAD_STABLE_VERSION.
One of these 2 options *must* be now defined (i.e. run cmake with
option -DKICAD_STABLE_VERSION=ON or -DKICAD_TESTING_VERSION=ON).
I have updated the above linked PKGBUILD script to reflect this.

> I also would like to know if -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release is still
> needed or it has been replaced by the new constants.

CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is still needed.  This is a variable used by CMake
and determines which set of compiler flags to use.

-Marq