Re: Converting KiCAD to metric units: The approach

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Vladimir Uryvaev wrote:

(decimil): compatibility with old files or
line 0mil 0mil 100mil 100mil
line 0mil 0mil 100.0mil 100.0mil
line 0.0mm 0.0mm 100.0mm 100.0mm
The parser must accept all these notations, and obvioulsy values can be
saved in mils, mm or default unit (the default unit value is already
stored in .brd header files).

I cannot realise what purpose such a rich set of notations should handle. It is just complicates both parser and generator.

I agree, I was only giving an example, not suggesting it. OTOH such a parser would be the same used for the UI, so it's mostly comes free... the only thing that would be useful for is component generating scripts, but its only a multiplication away from another simpler representation...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl