Re: Converting KiCAD to metric units: The approach

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

If the UI has to support imperial, then I think the files should too.  I would
be willing to yield on this, but not because it is presumed to be difficult to
code and make work, only if it is truly not needed.

You could easily adapt the UI routines for converting units to file IO, but then the underlying format should have the notion of 'measure with unit'. Sort of like in CSS.

instead of (line 0 0 1000 1000) you could handle (line 0mil 0mil 100mil 100mil)

No idea if it would actually be useful...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl