Re: possible bug: EESCHEMA library path issue

On 08/19/2011 01:27 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 8/19/2011 12:05 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> Before filing a bug report, I thought I'd ask:
>>
>> Latest code, EESCHEMA library path issue, Ubuntu Linux.
>>
>> 1) Load any existing schematic into EESCHEMA through the normal method.
>>
>> 2) Menu File | New
>>
>> Immediately an error window shows up:
>>
>> Load Error!
>>
>> The following libraries could not be found:
>>
>>   * power
>>   * device
>>   * transistors
>>   etc.
>>
>> Looking at the library path settings after this process (Preferences |
>> Libraries), one sees that
>> /usr/local/share/kicad/template is there,
>>
>> *but not /usr/local/share/kicad/library*
>>
>> which is the essence of the problem I think.
>>
>> Is this a bug on Linux?
> Dick,
>
> If the EESchema executable you're running is located in /usr/local/bin or
> /usr/local is in your PATH environment variable, /usr/local/share/kicad/library
> should be in the list (assuming it exists) of default search paths.

$ echo $PATH

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

Noteworthy:

/usr/local/share/kicad/library starts out as present, when loading a working schematic OK.

Then after step 2) in my description, it goes away, no more
/usr/local/share/kicad/library

This is the bug then, and it is associated with "File | New", i.e. step 2).

Pretty easy to duplicate.