KiCad new look - new icons and new buttons

Dear All,
I have spent some time trying to put together a new set of icons and
buttons that might make KiCad look a little better.
Here you have an example of where I am so far:
http://www.vincentresearch.com/tmp/

Would it be possible:
- to know if there is anybody interested in helping me out
- to know if there is anybody willing to help me to modify the current
code in order to accommodate the new icons/buttons.
- to have the .svg files (or some equivalent vectorial format) of the
current buttons set
-

I do not want to try to undo anything that somebody has done so far
and for this it would be great to have some feedback on the current
status and some opinions on where I am heading.

I'd like to propose to use PNG format for all icons and buttons and
64px for the KiCad buttons to start the 6 current programs. Also I'd
like to propose to drop the 16pt buttons used everywhere for a larger
24px buttons. That includes top bar buttons as well as lateral (left
and right bars). How does it sound?

Best regards
Fabrizio

Follow ups