Re: Duplicate schematic sheet names.

On 8/31/2011 2:12 AM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
> Le 30/08/2011 21:44, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> I was looking over open bug reports a while back and ran across this report:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/593782.  While technically not a bug, I
>> can understand why a user would be confused by this.  Should we prevent
>> duplicate sheet names?  In the future it may be a problem as I am trying to
>> avoid using the current time stamp solution to hierarchical schematic designs
>> in the new schematic file format for readability reasons.  Anyone else have any
>> thoughts on this?
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> I believe we should not accept duplicate sheet names.
> Yes this is confusing, and duplicate sheet names are a potential source of bugs.

JP,

Thanks for the reply.  I already have a patch to prevent the user from entering
duplicate sheet names on a schematic page.  However, it doesn't address the
case where schematics already have duplicate sheet names.  I'll commit the
changes that I have and take a look at what can be done for existing schematics.