Re: Kicad future documentation - first draft

Le 27/09/2011 01:41, Brian Sidebotham a écrit :
On 26 September 2011 16:14, fabrizio<zonkyu@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Dear All,
I seem to understand that the use of the .odt (and pdf) format and
LibreOffice as main editor is the choice preferred by most of the
people.

In attachment you can find the document  kicad_en.pdf modified and
updated. The following modifications where made:
- front cover was redesigned (any suggestions for improvement?)
- A quite cool template (taken from the official open office
documentation) was used to restyle the whole doc.
- New icons and screenshots (all included as local links)
- some minor corrections

If we all like the style I would go a head and write one more document
and submit all files tree to Jean-Pierre. It would be really great if
somebody could volunteer for helping out with the editing of the other
documents. I would be happy to join forces with him/them.

Regards
Fabrizio

I really liked the design - the front cover looks very nice. I'm not
so keen on green, but then I'm boring and print everything in black
and white anyway! ;-)

I certainly found it very easy on the eye's. As Dick has said using
hyperlinked table of contents is always a bonus, it makes navigating
the documents really easy.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Brian.

Look good.
Use a template should help to restyle all other translations.
Just:
- use numbering for all levels of titles.
(Useful in hyper-links and very useful when we must say someone "read chapter X.Y.Z" )
- To explain use of icons, there is a number to locate the corresponding icon of the toolbar.
This is not easy, mainly for toolbar that have lot of icons like Eeschema or Pcbnew.

Thanks,
--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS