Re: Fwd: PPA build problems

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Simon Schubert <2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/14/2011 10:48 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Solonen Vesa <vesa.solonen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Any work going on fixing the PPAs?
>> I may be able to find some time to look into this in the next 3 weeks or so.
>>
>> I wonder how the PPA can be modified, or do I need to make a new one?
>> And, it seems lots of packages need to be built, one for each current
>> Ubuntu version.
>> I'm thinking of separate ISO images, each running on a VM, where each
>> acts as a build host, for that.
>
> You can't build the packages yourself, you just submit the source debian
> packages to the builder and the ubuntu servers will build it
> automatically for you.  I think you just need to submit multiple source
> packages, one for each ubuntu version.
>
> cheers
>  simon

I just took a look at the latest build log
( https://launchpadlibrarian.net/82838453/buildlog_ubuntu-natty-amd64.kicad_3171bzr%7Enatty-1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
)  at paxer's ppa (the one I have been using to keep up with nighly
builds and this was the failure message:

dh_install -s
cp: cannot stat `./kicad/bitmaps/icon_kicad.xpm': No such file or directory
dh_install: cp -a ./kicad/bitmaps/icon_kicad.xpm
debian/kicad//usr/share/pixmaps// returned exit code 1
make: *** [install-arch] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: /usr/bin/fakeroot debian/rules binary-arch
gave error exit status 2

It appears that the icon_kicad.xpm is somehow not getting built or the
dependencies need fixing.
HTH

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)