Re: New pcbnew ratsnest algorithm-What effect will this have?

On 11/08/2011 01:52 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Jean-Pierre,
>
> Regarding:

> I am still seeing a few ratsnest lines that I do not think should be shown, also with the
> newer ratsnest algorithm.
>
> These are the same 2-3 lines on a board that are shown with the old algorithm.  The two
> nets, along with the entire board, are a result of a back import from freerouter.

I should mention that if I then re-export again, back to Freerouter, it does not show the
same 3 "incompletes" (which are Freerouter's ratsnests).

This suggests:

1) that KiCad and Freerouter have a difference of opinion on whether the 3 nets are
connected.  Freerouter thinks they ARE connected.

2) that the "back import" could not have damaged the 3 nets to the point of
unconnectivity, since the re-export goes back over to Freerouter fine.