Re: Failure-to-save bug in eeschema library editor ?

On 11/11/2011 8:55 AM, Øyvind Aabling wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>
> []
>>>
>>> Well, I kinda suspected that, as such a major
>>> problem probably couldn't go unnoticed for long :-)
>>>
>>> I'm also using 64-bit Debian Testing, but with wxWidgets 2.8.10.1-3.1.
>>>
>>> With wxWidgets upgraded to 2.8.12.1-2, I've now recompiled a
>>> clean BZR 3226 tree with $MAKE unset (normally set to "make -j5").
>>>
>>> The problem isn't in wxWidgets or the parallel
>>> make, as the problem still persists :-(
>>
>> Are you using any custom GCC optimization settings?  I'm using the default
>> settings generated by CMake.  Other than that I don't know what to tell you.
>> I wish I could be more helpful.
>
> No, nothing:
> $ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/kicad-XXXX \
>         -DKICAD_TESTING_VERSION=ON ../ ; make ; make install
>
> And I don't have any relevant env vars either, except
> maybe MAKE="make -j5", but as I said, removing that
> doesn't make any difference, so can't be that either.

I found it.  I got bitten by KiCad's internal use or relative paths again.  I
thought I had fixed all of those cases.  Apparently not.  When I save to a
library in the project path, I get the empty path assertion.  I was saving my
libraries to a different path which isn't a problem where as you were saving to
a library in the project path.  I'll take another look and make sure I didn't
miss this anywhere else.  I should be able to get this fixed today.  Thanks
again for you effort and patience.

Wayne