Re: Concerns about clearing disagreements before committing.

At Saturday 26 of November 2011 18:56:40 from Dick Hollenbeck:
> #define MAX_INT 2147483647
>
> I count 10 digits.
>
> When we scale, regardless of the scaling factor, we still have 10
> significant digits of trustworthy information, not more.  The "%.10g"
> format string will truncate trailing zeros, whereas %f does not.  This
> gives you the human readability.

May be I'm not human, but for me as being scientist and engineer it sound
weird to truncate significant digits.
1, 1.0, 1.00 are different for me, as they carry different precision. So I'm all
for %*f and to keep all significant digits, whatever they are, zeroes, or not.

--

--- KeyFP: DC07 D4C3 BB33 E596 CF5E  CEF9 D4E3 B618 65BA 2B61