Modules position file: no mm support

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into generating a module position file for a board I'm getting into production. I need a module position file in mm.

It seems that, no matters how the units are set in KiCAD, the module position file always gets generated in Inches.

So, I went into the code to see what was happening there and, in gen_modules_placefile.cpp I found the following line commented:

if(IF_DRILL_METRIC) conv_unit = 0.000254; /* unites = mm */

I didn't tried yet, but it really seems that by uncommenting that line mm support would be possible.

So, the question is: Does anyone know why that line is commented? Shouldn't we just uncomment it?

Thanks,

Fabio

Follow ups