Ideas for kicad

   Even if I cannot allocate any time to help, I think I should dump to you
my ideas before I forget them
(some can be crazy and expensive to develop, I know):

   1) Single layer view while routing: (some hot key) that would enable a
special view mode
where the current routing layer is show in its own color, but all other
layers go gray.  I've used
this in other tools and it's very helpful, and I suppose it's not hard to
implement (if not already done).

   2) Footprint wizards/plugins (following IPC models, etc..), you give
A,B,C,D,E spacings/parameters, get a preview
   of the footprint on the windows, then setup the density level, and
finally add the part to the library.

   3) Higher level scripting languages: some integration with Python/V8
engine (javascript)/etc.. giving a layer
of objects to access al the PCB/SCH elements from the high level scripts,
and also allowing for user interfaces
to be launched.

    4) Push routing mode: allowing to push other tracks around while you
route a new track.

    5) Differential net tagging on schematic, differential net routing on
pcb.

    6) This is just another parallel project, but could be awesome:
 Something like the google content central
for sketchup, just an open site (that could be cloned anywhere) ready to
act as a repository of schematic symbols +footprints,
people could rate them and add comments,etc..  and later kicad could
connect to these repositories, and browse/use any parts.

    7) Fast preview of libraries: to show a preview of what we're chosing
in the footprint asignment window.

    And I'm already forgetting things,

   Greetings to everyone,
Mike,