Re: Ideas for kicad

Hi Dick,

   Thanks for your feedback on the ideas, it's really appreciated, I fully
understand all of your points, as I'm on the same situation with some open
projects and my little company. I supposed that most of the ideas were
already in your mind, but if I didn't share them I wouldn't know now where
do they converge with yours :-)

    I really love the V8 engine, just played a little bit on embedded
systems, and it works incredibly fast (it does JIT of the code and you get
all the flexibility of javascript), and nodeJS gives all the functionality
needed to access the underlaying OS and network, although I'm not sure if
it's internal design makes it suitable to get integrated in other apps.

     I'm also using SWIG to build interfaces to many languages, and it
works incredibly well. I must test the swig-js and see how mature is.

    Personally, I'd like to give "some blood" on the project as soon as I
can and get familiar with kicad's code/design :-)

    Cheers,
Mike