Re: Kicad + V8/NodeJS/Swig [split from kicad ideas mail]

Hehe, that can be another option, yeah!,

   I've worked with lua before, tuned the garbage collector to work in
deeply embedded devices (under 32kB of RAM) and
wrapped some libs by hand:
http://code.google.com/p/espardino/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fopenlibs%2Flua

   I think Javascript is incredibly more versatile, widely adopted, and
easy to program (also has already a couple of debuggers that can connect to
the V8 lib and debug set by step very easily).

   But, in the other hand the wx wrappers, I/O libraries, and default
support in swig, could finally make it a better candidate. It seems like a
cleaner path, may be less versatile, but cleaner at least. May be we should
walk our first path this way.

   What do you think Dick?

--

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo