Re: alternately sized icons

no mate, there is no disagreement, it's just that my explanation
wasn't so good. As you rightly said a vectorial image can be easily
scaled (with inkscape/cmakefile) into any size without any problem.
You can make all current kicad button 2000px by 2000px and quality
will be great.

The problem I am talking about is when you rescale a vectorial button
image using an non-multiple number of pixels then what thought when
you made the vectorial image. See point 5 of this:

http://vector.tutsplus.com/articles/inspiration/10-tips-for-effective-icon-design/

or a long explanation here:

http://www.firewheeldesign.com/sparkplug/2006/April/icon_design_bitmap_vs_vector.php

we are talking about a very classic problem that does not really have
a solution. When we went form 18px (old kicad set) to 26 pixel
buttons, almost all icons had to be redesigned. Some still need
adjustment and with time I will do it.

let me know if you want me to add more info.

cheers
Fabrizio