Re: Fatfingering with bzr...

On 04/05/2012 05:02 PM, Miguel Angel wrote:
> Bzr push is not like git push?
>
> http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/mini-tutorial/
>
> I think it just sends the last commits with your changes, right?
>
> Greetings from the mountains on Avila (near Madrid) I took the laptop with me so it seems I will have some more time to work on the scripting :)

Greetings. You should be enjoying your trip, not acting bazaar-ly.

My understanding is that bzr push is effectively just a directory replacement on the
receiving end. You can accomplish the same thing by copying the .bzr directory from source
to destination.

Nothing on the receiving end is preserved.

Therefore, never use push unless you are creating a *new* branch on the receiving end.

At one time this was in our FAQ, although I don't see it there.

I have nothing to say about GIT.

Dick