Re: Broken kicad_plugin.cpp on auto_ptr.h (doesn't seem to be in the source tree)

On 04/09/2012 08:27 AM, Jerry Jacobs wrote:
> I'm using the LLVM clang compiler on OS X (which has a gcc/g++ 4.2 style
> frontend), it seems that removing the auto_ptr.h fixed the problem and
> linked perfect.
>
> jerry@white:/Volumes/kicad/common$ make
> [ 60%] Built target common
> [ 60%] Building CXX object
> common/CMakeFiles/pcbcommon.dir/__/pcbnew/legacy_plugin.cpp.o
> Linking CXX static library libpcbcommon.a
> [100%] Built target pcbcommon
>
> At wikipedia it seems that you don't have to include the auto_ptr header
> file.
>
> Maybe you could also try to compile it with gcc without the include as
> it shouldn't be necessary because of the inclusion in the C++ standard
> std library.

Tried it, it worked.  Committed the change.

Nice catch.

> Thank you for your quick and clear response,

You are welcome.

> Kind regards,
> Jerry
>
> P.s maybe you did not noticed yet but I run a cronjob on the sourcecode
> doxygen, which now also generated UML diagrams and also call/caller
> graphs. Here (also this link is on the mainpage of the SF wiki):
> http://kicad.xor-gate.org/testing/Documentation/doxygen/html

Wow, those guys at Doxygen project are doing a nice job.

Other than class BOARD which is difficult to show with this format,

   http://kicad.xor-gate.org/testing/Documentation/doxygen/html/classBOARD.html

how do you assess the rest?

I'd be in favor of milking Doxygen for all it's worth, but don't want to DING the
use-ability of the results.