Re: New Pcbnew file format.

On 04/09/2012 10:07 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 4/9/2012 9:43 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> Wayne and all,
>>

>> I feel better now about PCBNEW loading a BOARD with USE_PCBNEW_NANOMETRES defined after
>> some work I did this weekend.
> Dick,
>
> Great work!  Thanks for fixing this so we can keep the new file format
> compiled in and still use Pcbnew without having to build a separate
> version with nanometers disabled.

Sorry, I did not do this, at least not intentionally.  :)  Therefore if you're seeing it,
it probably does not work  :)

Mostly I added DMils2iu( int_constant ) so that the PAD margins would not blow up since
they were not being scaled.

A hard coded

   100 became DMils2iu( 100 )

which then is a sensible internal unit, equal in length to 100 deci-mils.

As I said last week, do not save your BOARD in legacy format with a USE_KICAD_NANOMETER
build, since it will be saved in millimeters.  Yet your footprints will be in deci-mils
and you will have a mess.

The flag USE_KICAD_NANOMETER tells LEGACY_PLUGIN to convert old board units to nanometers,
in RAM during Load() and on disk during Save().  This special build is only for generating
the s-expression file, then recompile please.

Dick