Re: New Pcbnew file format.

Now that may be we're still in time (well in fact, now I think that could
be added lately without big impact..)

      What do you think about adding a UUID (I see now that you used 'LPID'
for SWEET) to the PCB files, and also a revision number (that goes
incrementally on every modified save).

     Also adding LPID to module/footprints would be great, think of the
concept for one moment:

        You could be able to keep your brd files in a database (also
distributed), and check if your board version is the latest available, even
ask for upgrade from kicad.

        Also, with LPID + rev number in the modules/footprints, you could
ask KiCad to interactively update your footprints from the
ones you have in the database. For example, somebody in your company could
have updated certain footprint to enhance manufacturability or fix a silly
orientation bug... etc.

       I see a world of opportunities just adding:

            * LPID (or UUID)
            * File Revision Number (automatical/autoincremental)

     And also keeping inside the .brd file:  LPID + Rev Number of every
module.

     I really love this idea, and I see that you already thought of it for
sch / lib parts.