Re: Fwd: remarks about the internal nanometer resolution

On 4/10/2012 4:41 PM, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>>
>> On 64-bit builds, integers are 64 bits so it becomes meaningless at that
>> point.  Even on 32 bit hardware, there are much more pressing issues
>> that need to be resolved.
>
> On 64-bit architecture int's are 32-bits.  long's are 64-bits.
>
> --brian

What do know, I just checked and you are correct.  You learn something
new every day (if your paying attention).  Interesting that int is 32
bits on 64 bit architectures.  This is break from the transition from 8,
16, and 32 bit architectures where int was the default register size of
the micro.  I like to use intNN_t from stdint.h when I need a guaranteed
integer size.  Unfortunately, AFIAK Microsoft doesn't supply stdint.h so
using intNN_t is not portable between compilers.  I guess we could
always fall back to wxInt64.