Re: Changes in rev 3544

On 5/5/2012 2:53 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> I agree for some of your changes,
> but I am not very happy about some others in commit 3544:
> Mainly:
> -    InitEDA_Appl( wxT( "Eeschema" ), APP_EESCHEMA_T );
> +    InitEDA_Appl( wxT( "EESchema" ), APP_EESCHEMA_T );
>
> Eeschema is the official name. If some messages use EESchema, these
> messages should be modified.
> No reason to change it.
>
> -    InitEDA_Appl( wxT( "Pcbnew" ), APP_PCBNEW_T );
> +    InitEDA_Appl( wxT( "PCBNew" ), APP_PCBNEW_T );
>
> Pcbnew is the official name.
> No reason to change it.
>
> -    InitEDA_Appl( wxT( "CvPcb" ), APP_CVPCB_T );
> +    InitEDA_Appl( wxT( "CvPCB" ), APP_CVPCB_T );
>
> CvPcb is the official name.
> No reason to change it.

And after I took the time to do a global search and replace to change
all of the capitalization variations in both strings and comments of the
above to match the official names.  Sigh :(

> But the main issue is the change for zoom centering:
> At least is should be discussed, and only activated by an option in
> preferences menu.
> The new pan (recently added) was discussed, and activated by an option.
>
> There is no reason to not do the same thing for the new zoom centering
>
> I am expecting your changes soon.

I second that motion.  Zoom centering when using Pcbnew is a must in my
opinion.  Making it a user option to disable it makes sense to me.