Re: Kicad preference questions

Le 10/05/2012 08:15, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 10:26:21PM -0500, Moses McKnight wrote:
Hi,

There are a few quirks with preferences in Kicad it seems.  I'm
running Kicad on Ubuntu 12.04 from Adam's PPA.

1. The first is that the preferences file for eeschema has changed
recently from .eeschema to .EESchema - is this intentional?

Noticed that too. Also the mixed case is not 'traditional' for dot
files.

I committed a fix.
Config files capitalization were broken by bzr rev 3544 (and not 3543 as said in my commit message).
Should now be .eeschema

2. When I change the grid size it always goes back to 50 mils after
I restart eeschema.  Shouldn't there be a way to save that?  I think
it used to.

Uhmm... for pcbnew it should save. Never changed eeschema grid, so
I can't say

Pcbnew has no "normal" grid and display the grid size.
But unlike Pcbnew, in Eeschema:
- The 50 mils grid is the "normal" grid size to put components and wires.
- The Grid size is not displayed.
So the other grid sizes should be rarely used,
and it is better to start Eeschema with the "normal" grid to avoid mistakes.

3. It seems to me it would make a lot more sense to put the library
search paths in the .eeschema preferences file than in the project
file.  Do people actually use different paths for library files for
projects on the same computer?  For my projects the search paths

Yes, especially with PCB modules. So you can have a library dir with
8 mil tech and another one with 6 mil tech.

Yes also for me.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS