Re: Rev 3597: Add zone duplication to pcbnew.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM, jean-pierre charras
<jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Your commit about zone duplication has *very* serious issues and currently
> breaks Pcbnew:
> - No test is made, so a zone can be added to the same layer (duplicate zone
> on same layers)
> - No DRC performed on the new added zone on a copper layer (currently it
> breaks the board).
> - The new zone is not merged with existing zones (if any)
> - The duplicate zone command cannot be undone.
> - The filled areas are duplicated, that is bad (filled areas are certainly
> bad)

Jean-Pierre,

Ok, the duplication clearly needs more work. I'll look into it.

I was actually (thinking about) adding support for a zone to exist on
multiple layers. However, it is exactly the zone testing, merging and
drc code that seem to be quite difficult to modify to take a
multi-layer zone into account. Basically, there are too many
zone->GetLayer() calls everywhere.

marco