Re: Simplified vias patch proposal

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:32:33AM +0200, Samuel Lesueur wrote:

> Anyway, I am currently designing an open source 300W DC motor controller
> and I need a huge amount of vias to handle the current flow from the top layer
> where my MOSFET transistors are installed to the bottom and its huge GND zone.

At last a fellow power designer :D I vote yes for bottom side cooling...

The idea is very interesting since I had the same problem (I solved putting the vias as pad in the fet package... as an extra it gives you untented vias which have better thermal performance).

I've only a doubt... do these via 'survive' the track cleanup?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl