Re: Project templates (related to the modal dialog thread)

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:57:22AM +0100, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> Another ping! Anyway, I'm ploughing through wxWidgets stuff and it's
> horrible! Something won't resize properly and I'm still unsure what it
> is - I've spent hours at the keyboard trying to get this widget to
> size properly but I just don't yet see why it doesn't work.

I don't think it *could* be more complex than GTK which its borders,
paddings, spacings and size groups :D Oh and wx is C++ which is
inherently more complex (even if the GObject system is positively EVIL)

And I stop here since I really suck at GUI programming :P (with
a background in mainframes and embedded systems it isn't a thing to be
surprised of). For me the best UI is still the IBM CUA on MVS/ISPF (it
works wonder even on 2400 bps lines...)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl