Re: Proposal for batch plotting

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:07:29AM +0200, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
>     This is a very useful functionality, as it will avoid human-error at
> every step, and will save a lot of
> time (usually).

I agree with the 'lot of time' part... as for the error I usually forget a file when regenerating.

>     In A**ium for example, they have a file with name ".OutJob", it's a
> description of all outputs and settings for every output.

Something like that, I used eagle as an example since I don't know many commercial packages...

> About the file format, I suppose that sticking to s-expr would make sense,
> it simple for humans to read, and it's simple to parse.

Well, actually because the new file format are sexp based so there is a lot of stuff in kicad already done.

> During that development it might make sense to clean up the gerbers and
> export code to de-couple from UI, so, then it could be also used very
> easily from the scripting layer.

It is actually already quite decoupled (maybe needs some function-split
refactoring, but not much other), that's why I said that once the 'control
file' is in core it should be pretty easy to do.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl