Re: Decoupling issues with python

On 08/15/2012 12:19 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 04:24:02PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> Of course you should be able to eventually.   Here again below is my vision for
>> re-architecting the link images comprising KiCad suite.
> Now it's working... more or less:P since the board get deleted and
> recreated it loses the filename somewhere in the process, I've to
> pinpoint it
>
>> For Pcbnew, BOARD_ACTIONS is a way to cleave off the procedural code, away from the UI
>> code, yet still have it exist tightly bound within the frame, just like now.
> I don't see why the board should be tightly bound with the frame... the
> board has its behaviour and the frame only manipulate it.

I agree.  But this plan recognizes all the existing code, and is minimally disruptive, and
evolutionary in its implementation..

Refinements are possible and necessary.

> Another thing I've seen too often is the visual-basicish thing of doing
> all the stuff (the use case) inside the dialog (the plot is an example
> of this), precluding doing the same stuff without UI. As
> a counter-example DRC is done better.

I agree, and this is precisely what we are trying to address.

The dialogs   should call functions in BOARD_ACTIONS.

You seem to have a good grasp of the problem & its magnitude.