Re: Padstacks, layernames, process files

I guess the other thing to keep in mind is that there are no plans to delete the
LEGACY_PLUGIN.  PLUGINs are responsible for

a) loading and saving BOARDs.

b) using footprint libraries in a particular storage format.

Technically, we do not even have to convert our current libraries to the new format.  The
library table support will allow you to co-mingle libraries of the two formats seemlessly.

1) After that, with a half day's work you will also be able to simply read Eagle version 6
footprints in their native format also, no file format conversion necessary.

This is the PLUGIN design showing its stuff.

2) We could use one for Geda footprints also.

3) There has been some work done on Orcad footprint libraries already.

A volunteer is needed for 2).  We can import a geda footprint now, but that code might be
better served to inside a PLUGIN.