Re: Parallel build errors on Windows using mingw32-make

On 01/23/2013 12:43 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> I used to think these problems were solely down to mingw32-make, however from the other
> cmake problem, perhaps some of them are not.
>
> I've not seen this problem before, this is the first time I've come across it, but it is
> repeatable.

It is repeatable until you change something.  This is a race condition I think, so don't
be fooled into thinking it is a new bug, or that if it goes away it has been necessarily
fixed.

So in other words, it is repeatable only for the moment.

And while it is you may want to try and nail it.

If you want instead to sweep it under the rug, and simply hope it does not reappear, you
could run with

-j3

That might get you by, until somebody has time to look at it in greater detail.

Some things I would suggest:

compare the output of cmake (i.e. makefiles) on between linux and windows.

especially wrt to this make target.

Base on those results:

Try a newer mingw32-make.  Try a newer cmake.