Re: Github public library repository.

On 01/24/2013 12:57 PM, Jorge Cardona wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to check if there is any plan to build an "official" place to get kicad
> libraries and more, since right now is kind of messy, there are tons of pages with
> outdated libraries and is hard to search a common component as a hirose connector. I
> used kicad like 4 years ago, and installed it this morning again and it seems to be the
> same problem as 4 years ago, is not impossible to setup but is certainly a pita.
>
> I propose to create a KiCAD Team in github, and create several repositories, one can be
> the mirror of the current code from launchpad, and other can be a set of libraries, this
> could be a place like http://www.kicadlib.org <http://www.kicadlib.org/> but more
> manageable.
>
> Bye.

Hi Jorge,

One option for you is to become an official maintainer of the official KiCad libraries.

Rather than your work eventually becoming another of the "tons of pages without outdated
libraries" (to use your words), this path certainly avoids that:

https://answers.launchpad.net/kicad/+faq/1045

I'm sure they would welcome your help, expertise, and energy.

Welcome,

Dick